Family Foundational Scripture: Joshua 24:15 (KJV)
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
As the current patriarch of my family, I make the following declaration for my household and future generations to come:
I leave the following Spiritual Legacy for the Family of Theodore Gregory, Jr. to follow as a means to live a abundantly fruitful, productive and holy life unto our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. By adopting this declaration as your own, you also procure for yourself the blessings and more that our Lord has graciously ordained for us in His word. We declare His Grace, Love, Mercy, Forgiveness, Goodness, Provision, Protection, Perfect Will over our lives, our family, future generations and any who choose to believe in Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
This legacy provides a living testimony of what God has done for us and will do for you if you accept Him personally as your Lord and Savior and obey his commandments.
- The Bible is the Inspired Word of God: the Old and New Testament are verbally inspired by God, the only written revelation from God to man. The Bible is infallible and the authoritative rule of faith and conduct for mankind
(2 Timothy 3:15-17, 1 Thessalonians 2:13 & 1 Peter 1:23).
- There is one true God: God is called by many different names because of the different dimensions of His personality, but God is one (Deuteronomy 6:4). God is super-dimensional and eternally self-existent (Exo 3:14; Det 4:35; Isa 43:10; John 8:54-59). God is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. He is the creator of the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1 & 2). While God is one, He has revealed Himself in three persons: Father (YHWH), Son (Yeshua), and Holy Spirit (Ruach Hakodesh) (Matthew 28:19; John 14:23-26).
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God: Jesus Christ is the second person of the Trinity, the eternal Son of God. The Scripture declares his virgin birth (Matthew 1:18-23); His sinless life (Hebrews 7:26 & 1 Peter 2:22 & 1 John 3:4,5); His miracles (Acts 2:22 & 10:37-38); His substitutionary death on the cross (2 Corinthians 5:21 & 1 Peter 2:24 & 1 Corinthians 15:4); His bodily resurrection from the dead (Matthew 28:1-6 & 1 Corinthians 15:4); His exaltation to the right hand of God, the Father (Acts 1:9, 11 & Philippians 2:9-11).
- The fall of man: Man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26). However, by a voluntary act of their own freewill, Adam and Eve disobeyed God (Genesis 3:6). That first sin had several repercussions. Man was excommunicated from the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:23), a curse was pronounced (Genesis 3:14-19), the process of physical death began (Genesis 2:17), and man died spiritually (Romans 5:12-19). Sin separated humankind from God (Ephesians 2:11-18) and left man in a fallen or sinful condition (Romans 3:23).
- The only means of salvation is Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12 & John 14:6). He died on the cross to pay the penalty of our sins (1 Peter 2:24). He offers each of us a pardon for our sins (Hebrews 9:26) and wants us to become children of God (John 1:12).
- When we put our faith in Christ, it triggers a spiritual chain reaction. We become the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19). Our names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life (Rev 3:5). We become citizens of heaven (Phi 3:20-21). We are given eternal life (John 3:16). We are adopted and become children of God (Gal 4:4-7). Our sins are forgiven and forgotten (Heb. 8:12). We are credited with the righteousness of Christ (Rom 4:4-5). We are born-again (John 3:3). God takes ownership of us (1 Cor. 6:20). We receive an eternal inheritance (Eph 1:13-14 & 1 Peter 1:3-5).
- Because of this, we choose to accept, believe, follow trust and obey Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior of our Lives. I believe that because I believe in Him not only am I saved but my whole house shall be saved. (Acts 16:31)
- We believe in the following ordinances of the Church: Baptism in Water – The Scripture teaches that all who repent and believe in Christ are to be baptized by immersion (Matthew 28:19). Baptism is a public profession of faith in Christ. It is symbolic of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. It is a declaration to the world that we have died to sin and have been raised with Christ to walk in newness of life (Romans 6:4).Communion – The Lord’s Table consists of two elements: the bread and cup. Those elements are symbolic of the body and blood of Christ. Communion is a memorial of Christ’s sufferings on the cross and a celebration of our salvation. (Luke 22:19-20) It is an opportunity for a believer to examine himself and experience forgiveness, healing and a renewal of obedience and submission to Christ with our hearts.
We believe in the Person (John 14:16, 26) and Power (Acts 1:1-8) of The Holy Spirit: The nine fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23) are the by-product of a Spirit-filled life and evidence of spiritual maturity. The nine gifts of the Spirit are different manifestations of the power (ability to do) of the Spirit to build up the body (received by asking to receive the baptism or infilling of the Holy Spirit), (1 Cor. 12:1-11). We are instructed to diligently seek the gifts (1 Cor. 12:31, 14:1), but they must be exercised in an orderly way (1 Cor. 14:26-33) in the context of love (1 Cor. 13:1-13).
Therefore we gladly asked for and receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues (our heavenly language that provides edification (building up), healing and comfort of our inner man (spirit) as well as our body (1 Corinthians 14:4).
Our God Given Rights and Spiritual Authority:
- We accept our God given authority to take dominion over our life, our children’s lives and our children’s children lives as well as everything in the earth, over the earth and below the earth (Gen 1:26, 28), restored back to us by the redemptive work of Jesus’ blood on the cross and His resurrection (Matt 28 19-20; Mark 15:16-18; Luke 24:46-49).
- We also accept our God given rights to be free from sin, sickness and diseases (Psalm 103:3;Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24) and death (Revelation 1:18), to have communion with Him eternally (John 3:16), access to Him (Acts 2:39; Romans 5:2), have peace (John 14:27; Philippians 4:7) and grace (unmerited favor) with Him (Romans 5:2, Hebrews 4:16) and to be victorious (Psa 60:12; 1 Corinthians 15:57) and overcomers (Revelation 12:11) and prosperous (Matt 6:33; Mal 3:10).
Our Spiritual Responsibility
TO TEACH our family the word of God and show obedience to the WORD by example.
- To lay a biblical foundation to ensure family members each learn importance of choosing Jesus as Savior and follow His ways and teachings .
- Instilling biblical principles (salvation [John 10:9; Acts 2:21; 4:12; Rom 10:9], tithing (Gen 14:23; Gen 29:22; Mal 3:10; Acts 4:34-35), water baptism (Matt 3:15;John 3:5; 1 Pet 3:21), communion, Baptism of Holy Spirit (Rom 6:3; 1 Cor 12:13; Acts 2:38).
- Teach fall of man (Gen 3), giving of law (Exodus 19-20), Passover (Exodus 12), Hebrew roots (Old Testament), Feasts of Bible (Lev 23:6; Lev 23:16; Lev 23:24), importance of Bible (Det 6:6-7; 8:3; 2 Tim 3:16; Psalm 119:130; Rom 1:16) , spiritual authority and power of Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8; Eph 3:16; Rom 8:11; John 15:26; John 16:13), importance of the birth and resurrection of Jesus (Micah 5:2; John 3:16; 1 Pet 3:18; Isa 9:6-7; 1 Pet 3:2; Rev 1:5) faith, believe, trust in (Mark 9:23; Rom 10:17; Gal 5:6; James 2:17; 1 John 5:4, 24; Heb 11:6; Nahum 1:7) and obedience to God as only true God (Det 26:16; Joshua 1:8; 1 Sam 15:22; Matt 7:21; Exodus 19:5; John 7:17; John 15:10; James 1:25), The Trinity [Godhead](Matt 3:15-16; Matt 28:19; John 14:26;15:26; 2 Cor 13:14; 1 Pet 1:2).
- Spiritual Armor (Ephesians 6:10-18)
- Imputed Righteousness (Romans 4:11; James 2:23)
- Freewill (Det 30:19-20; John 7:17; 8:31-32), Justification (Gen 15:6; Acts 13:39; Rom 5:1; Gal 3:6, 24), Sanctification (Lev 11:45; Heb 12:14; 1 Pet 1:16; 2 Cor 7:1; John 17; 1 Cor 6:11, Eph 5:26; 2 Tim 2:21; 1 Pet 1:2; 1 Thess 4:3,5:23)
- Knowing vs Feeling of God’s presence (Spirit vs Flesh)(Rom 8:28; 2 Tim 1:12; 1 John 3:14; John 10:14; Eph 4:18; John 1:10; Job 21:14; Zec 7:12; Rom 1:28; 2 Pet 3:5)
- Gifts (1 Corinthians 12, 13, 14), Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22; Ephesians 5:9)
- The many Names and Titles of God
- Jesus is about relationship not religion (John 14: 1-31)
- TO COMMIT AND FIGHT for our marriages, Divorce is not an option (Mal 2:14-16).
- WE DECREE AND DECLARE that marriage is a Holy covenant created by God, reflection of Christ and the Church) (Genesis 1:26-27; 2:18, 21-25, Matt 5:32; Mark 10:9; 1 Cor 7:10-11; Heb 13:4)
- Submission to one another as unto Christ, (Eph 5:22-33; Matt 6:10; Heb 13:17; Rom 6:13; James 4:7; Eph 5:21)
- Fellowship, Home Church, maintaining awareness of God’s presence (Acts 2:44; Matt 18:20; 1 Cor 1:9; Heb 10:22, 25; Hos 6:3; Matt 6:33, John 4:24; Psa 96:9; Psa 105:4; Psa 145:18)
- Works (human effort) vs ”sitting” (submission) at the Feet of Jesus (Luke 38:42; Ephesians 2:8-9; Matt 7:22-23)
- Good works (1 Cor 15:58; 1 Pet 4:11; 1 Cor 3:9; John 4:34; Ephesians 6:7; Mark 10:43-44; John 13:14; Gal 5:13)
- Live a lifestyle of committed praise, worship and prayer with unto God (2 Chron 7:14; Prov 15:29; Isa 56:7; Dan 9:23; Luke 11:2, 9; Rom 8:26-27; Matt 6:6, 9, 7:7, 18:19, 26:39, 41; Mark 11:24; John 16:24; Acts 1:14, 4:24, 21:5;Eph 1:17-22, 6:18; Phi 4:6; 1 Thess 5:17; James 5:13, 16; Psalm 91:15; Isaiah 58:9, 65:17; Zec 13:9; Luke 5:16, 6:12, 14:33)
Our Spiritual Conflict/Warfare; Weapons
To identify our true enemies (fallen spiritual powers) and access and utilize divine protection for our family through the Word of God and intercession: (Psa 17:8, 34:7, 91:2, 4; Isa 59:17; Zec 2:5; Rom 7:23, 13:12; Luke 22:31; Eph 6:12, 6:10-18; 1 Pet 5:8; 2 Cor 10:4, 6:7; 1 Thess 5:8; Heb 4:12; Heb 13:17; Rev 12:11, 17:14; 1 Tim 3:2, 6:12; Exo 14:14, 23:27; Prov 14: 26, 30:5)
Our Spiritual Inheritance, Eternal Destiny
- To know, teach and instill in our family our true eternal rewards and inheritance
- Sabbath Rest (Hebrews 4)
- Stewardship (1 Cor 4:2; 1 Co 6:20; 1 Tim 4:6; 1 Peter 4:10; Mat 12:36; Luke 12:48; Rom 14:8, 12; Prov 9:12; Eze 18:20; Eze 33:6; James 3:1; Acts 20:28; 1 Pet 5:2)
- Inheritance, Treasures (Det 8:18; Prov 10:22; Psalm 37:11; Isaiah 57:13; Matt 5:5; Matt 13:44; Col 1:12; Eph 1:18; James 2:5; Luke 12:33, Rom 8:17; Heb 6:17; Gal 4:7)
So on this day, January 1, 2015 I, Theodore Gregory, Jr. affirm my God-given right as spiritual leader, royal priest (1 Peter 2:9) of my home to live in agreement with this declaration for my life, family and others unto God. I will seek God and His ways, strive to live a sanctified and holy life unto God according to His Word, the Holy Bible and led by His Spirit.
I pray that our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ provide me with His wisdom, strength, patience, peace, mercy and love to do so.
Revised Declaration – 6/7/2019
I revised our family declaration to add additional scriptures, correct some mistakes in previous document, also added family logo. See attached pdf link below to download and review.